Participation Categories and Requirements
The Competition is divided into 3 categories:
- Universities and Polytechnics; and
- Junior Colleges, Integrated Programmes and Institutes of Technical Education.
All participating teams shall have a maximum of 4 team members, with at least 1 Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident in the team.
Employees of GovTech and officers seconded to GovTech are not eligible to participate.
Participants who are below 18 years old as at the date of the Competition must have proper parental/guardian’s consent to participate in the Competition. The parental/guardian consent form is provided here. Participants under 18 years old will be automatically disqualified from the Competition if proper consent has not been obtained and submitted before the start of the Competition.
Teams which fail to comply with the above mentioned requirements shall be automatically disqualified from the Competition.
How will teams be categorised?
Participants shall also ensure that they satisfy the criteria to the corresponding categories:
||Scenario (based on team of 4)
- At least 1 member of the team is not enrolled in any education institution
- 1 member not enrolled in any education institution
- 3 members enrolled in any education institution
- All members are enrolled in an educational institution
- At least 1 member is enrolled in a University or Polytechnic
- 1 member enrolled in University or Polytechnic
- 3 members enrolled in any educational institution
All members are enrolled in any of the following programmes/institutions:
- Junior Colleges
- Centralised Institutes
- Integrated Programmes
- Institutes of Technical Education
- Overseas equivalent
- 4 members enrolled in programmes/institutions listed in the criteria for category 3
If a team member has a placement in an educational institution but has yet to commence (e.g. academic calendar has yet to start), this member will be considered as being enrolled in an educational institution.
If a team member has not received a placement in an educational institution and is currently not enrolled in any educational institution, this member will be considered as being not enrolled in an educational institution.